Solomon's Temple | I Kings 8
To teach children about how Solomon built a house for God called a temple and how, if we believe in Jesus, our heart’s become a temple for God!
Dear God, thank You that when we believe in Jesus, Your Holy Spirit lives in us. Help us to keep our hearts and minds focused on You. In Jesus’ name, we pray, Amen.
Bible Memory Verse:
I Corinthians 6:19 (NLT)
19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,
Verse Memory Tips: (have your preschooler repeat the verse with you using the following hand/body motions:)
● Don’t you realize” - Shrug your arms and shoulders questioningly.
● “That your body” - Wiggle all your limbs.
● “Is the temple” - Place your arms over your head like a roof.
● “Of the Holy Spirit” - Lock your thumbs together and flap your fingers like a dove.
Today's Bible Story:
Video Courtesy of Sharefaith Kids
1. What did Solomon build? (A temple)
2. What’s a temple? (A house for God)
3. Is a house big enough for God? (No way!)
4. Can God live in us? (Yes!)
5. How does that happen? (When we believe in Jesus!)
6. Who comes to live in our hearts? (The Holy Spirit!)
Dear God, thank You that we can know You when we believe in Jesus! Thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit who fills our hearts. In Jesus’ name, we pray, Amen.
1 Kings 8 Solomon's Temple Preschool Coloring Pages
1 Kings 8 Solomon's Temple Preschool Dot to Dot
1 Kings 8 Solomon's Temple Preschool Letter Coloring
1 Kings 8 Solomon's Temple Preschool Mazes
1 Kings 8 Solomon's Temple Preschool Word Picture Match